- Putting almond butter on anything and everything.
- Sabado Gigante on Saturday evenings.
- The Ocean. I just love the gentle and mellow yet powerful nature of the waves. I am sure that one day I will live by the sea.
- Waking up every morning at 5:53am sans alarm. Sometimes I go back to sleep, but the idea of my brain being so punctual just mesmerizes me!
- Getting a foam mustache with green tea latte.
- Necia my cat.
- Necia walking on a leash in the park. We've made so many friends!
- Necia massaging my belly.
- Mister Softee's melody.
- Dancing! Specially salsa. Can't get the Cali out of the girl.
- Dogs in elevators. They are always so happy to see you come in, even if they have never met you before. Why can't we wag our tails at strangers the way dogs do? The world would be such a better place.
- The smell of freshly brewed coffee.
- Barré Burn classes. Yes, that shit burns your butt! The good burn tho...
- Old ladies with extravagant outfits.
- Smiling at strangers.
- When a stranger smiles back at me. Extra points if the stranger happens to be male and handsome ;)
- The Temple of Dendur at The Metropolitan Museum.
- Barnes and Noble in Union Square. I can spend hours there browsing at books.
- Facials, massages, hair washes...you get the idea.
- The first kiss and all the subsequent kisses.
- This song.
- The scent of fresh lilies.
- Hitting zeroes on the scale at the salad bar (freak!)
- Buying socks.
- Practicing yoga.
- Playing futbol.
- My mom's lentil's soup.
- Washington Square Park early in the morning.
- My birthday!
- Listening to audio books. Now I am into Eckhart Tolle, not only he's one of the best spiritual teachers of this century but his mellow voice has the capacity to relax me like no other.
- Coconut popsicles!
- Coconut body cream.
- Drinking piña colada by the poolside of the Standard Hotel in Miami. Pure bliss!
- Soap bubbles.
- Snowboarding! Yay!
- Fresh laundry scent.
- Ginger cookies.
- Croissants with black coffee. In Paris.
- Napping in the park after lunch in the middle of a summer work day.
- New York City. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
- People that don't give a crap about what others think. Today I saw a girl wearing a Wonder Woman cape walking down 5th Avenue. She didn't think she was Wonder Woman, she was indeed Wonder Woman!
- Squirrels a.k.a. the fancy rodents. They look all elegant running around the park like a rat with a fur coat.
- Getting a cold shower in the middle of a hot summer day.
- Burning incense. Dragon Blood scent to be more exact.
- Dreaming that I fly.
- Waking up from a bad dream and realize it was a nightmare. Phew!
- When the Starbucks barista draws a smiley face next to my name.
- Taking off my shoes when i get home, and my socks, basically getting rid of all clothing!
- Guava and mozzarella cheese sandwiches. FYI this is my specialty, so feel free to stop by anytime soon. Meeting with friends is my all-time favorite thing that makes me happy!
martes, 15 de septiembre de 2015
martes, 8 de septiembre de 2015
Au Revoir Summer!
Thanks for everything you brought us. Good luck in southern latitudes and I hope you miss us so much that you come next year a little earlier full of life and beautiful energy.
As a South American girl living in New York you know how much I miss you when you are not around. However, I must admit that I have developed a strange love affair with your colleague, Mr. Winter. But don't get jealous, you are still my one and only!
Love you always,
Amateur life guards provided to you by Guachafita Productions.
Infinitas gracias a Guachafita Films & Co. por las fotos, las risas, la compañía, y el inmenso amor que me han brindado por años. Love you guys, let's keep this eternal summer in our hearts for ever.
martes, 1 de septiembre de 2015
"If every eight-year-old in the world is thought meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation". Dalai Lama
We might not be eight-year-old any more but we still have time to make the world a better place (and our own minds!) It's not too complicated, start small. Just find five minutes a day (if you want to stay in stillness more time that's even better), sit down quietly and breathe. Pay attention to the air coming in and out. Don't force anything and allow the thoughts to pass by as they please. Don't judge your feelings. Just observe them. Promise me you will do it, and after you are done go out there and smile at a stranger. Go ahead! Make me proud!